Director of the Institute of Population Health Sciences at National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
Applications and nominations are invited for the Directorship of the Institute of Population Health Sciences (IPHS) at National Health Research Institutes (NHRI), Taiwan. We are looking for an innovative and forward-looking individual who has global perspectives and comprehensive understanding of the major issues in the fields of population health sciences. In addition to overseeing intramural programs within IPHS and promoting intra- and extra-mural collaborations, the Director is expected to work and communicate effectively with the government and the public.
The candidate is expected to have:
1. Ph.D./M.D. degree, or equivalent academic degree;
2. Strong leadership and mentoring experiences;
3. Outstanding record of academic and research accomplishments in public health, or related research fields;
4. Ability to develop effective strategic plan and lead a productive multidisciplinary team to fulfill the mission of IPHS;
5. Familiarity with important public health issues and scientific, medical and public health communities in Taiwan;
6. Proficiency in Mandarin is preferred.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a complete Curriculum Vitae and a brief statement of research expertise, administrative experience, and vision or plan for the development of the Institute (one or two pages). In addition, please arrange for three letters of reference to be sent directly to:
Search Committee for
The Director of the Institute of Population Health Sciences
Department of Research Planning and Development
National Health Research Institutes
35 Keyan Road, Zhunan, Miaoli County 35053, Taiwan
Contact Person: Ms. Joyce Hsu (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
For full consideration, the application should be received by February 17, 2020. The position is open till a successful candidate is selected. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Background information regarding this position and the Institute can be found at the web site: http://ph.nhri.org.tw; for more information regarding NHRI’s guidelines for employment, please contact Ms. Joyce Hsu (e-mail: email@example.com)
NHRI is an equal opportunity employer. Non-Taiwanese citizens are encouraged to apply.